New visa personal bank details

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » May 6, 2016, 2:00 pm

I saw a video wherein Immigration are requiring personal bank account and social media details from tourists
and presumably other visa holders
Has anyone encountered this yet & how safe will that info be?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 6, 2016, 2:40 pm

Not too safe.
Data breach puts southern expats' personal details online
The personal details of thousands of foreign nationals living in the South were briefly leaked online in what the site's developer admitted Monday was a data breach during a test for police.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ils-online
I haven't heard of anyone being asked for this at the Udon immigration office yet.
UFF DA!

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » May 7, 2016, 1:17 am

Unless you do your Retirement Extension based entirely on a pension letter (and possibly even if you do) immigration still require a copy of your bank book, so they've already got those personal account details.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 10, 2016, 6:54 pm

Vidmaster is talking about something completely different. One Immigration Office head in a single Immigration Office designed a form which requested this information. It is not a government requirement; and, AFAIK, there is no penalty for declining to provide the information if you happen to be dealing with this particular office.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 11, 2016, 8:56 am

For marriage and retirement visa's you have to produce a bank statement and your bank book, so they do already have that information.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 11, 2016, 11:34 am

Never provided any bank account for my marriage visa extension - just the embassy income letter.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » May 11, 2016, 1:00 pm

Ditto, stopped doing the bank thing years ago, not just the embassy letter.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 11, 2016, 7:46 pm

I arrived in BKK on the 9th, Tourist Visa and no details of any bank, or social media accounts etc requested

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » May 15, 2016, 1:30 am

Udon Map wrote:Vidmaster is talking about something completely different. One Immigration Office head in a single Immigration Office designed a form which requested this information. It is not a government requirement; and, AFAIK, there is no penalty for declining to provide the information if you happen to be dealing with this particular office.
Actually he's not, and it's nothing to do with "one Immigration Office head in a single Immigration Office".

The form was introduced by Pol Maj Gen Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun who is the deputy director of the Immigration Bureau's CSU, reportedly with the full approval of the director of the Immigration Bureau - individual Immigration office heads are usually only Lt Cols or Cols, certainly not Maj Gens - and it was introduced for visa extensions and 90 day reports at only one office as a trial, with completion of most of the form being optional.

The requirement to produce a bank book for a retirement extension is mandated even if some offices do not enforce it, so the penalty for not producing one if requested would simply be that you would not be granted an extension.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 15, 2016, 4:18 am

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 15, 2016, 9:19 am

Lone Star wrote: by Lone Star » May 15, 2016, 4:18 am

rick wrote:
Never provided any bank account for my marriage visa extension - just the embassy income letter.

Ditto. Never ever provided any bank account info. Embassy income letter was all that was necessary.

And those of us that had businesses here with bank accounts do.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » May 15, 2016, 9:26 am

When I did my extension in December last year I had the standard letter from the bank a photo copy with last page in my bank book but the big boss still asked for my bank book and went through it page by page.

I am here on a retirement visa with an Aus. pension.

So who knows.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » May 15, 2016, 11:35 am

A few years back I was asked for my bank book along with the income affidavit. I told her I didn't have it with me. She said okay but bring it next time. I didn't do it next time, never have, never will. They never asked for it again.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 16, 2016, 9:30 am

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 16, 2016, 10:52 am

Lone Star wrote: by Lone Star » May 16, 2016, 9:30 am

coxo wrote:
Lone Star wrote:
by Lone Star » May 15, 2016, 4:18 am

rick wrote:

Ditto. Never ever provided any bank account info. Embassy income letter was all that was necessary.

And those of us that had businesses here with bank accounts do.

It must be great to have those big bucks rolling in all the time. Lucky guy. I'm just fortunate that my pension has been sufficient enough for immigration not to require me to produce any bank information. Win-Win for us both. I hope your good fortune continues.

An opinionated fool, where doe's it say having big bucks rolling in. What it means is that some of us worked in Thailand for years, we didn't just come here to retire. If you worked here and earned Thai baht and payed tax your money was in Thailand not in your home country, therefore now retired you must show your bank details to obtain a marriage or retirement visa. If your working life was in your home country then a letter will do the job. The big difference in Udon is most expats are retired and came here as old men to retire, in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, Bangkok etc a lot of younger crew came here to work and try there luck.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 16, 2016, 12:25 pm

For what it's worth I gave them my bank info, for the past 14 years. I used to have to get a letter from the bank stating the money was from outside Thailand. Last year they were happy with copies of my bank. Things were actually more difficult when I first came here. Only one option if you don't like it. Don't renew and leave.

They don't have to adapt to us we have adapt to them

Anyone know the cost of a multi entry visa?
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 16, 2016, 12:54 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2016, 2:20 pm

Bumper, are you referring to the new six month multi-entry visa or the Multiple Re-entry permit for those on an O-A long term visa/extension..?
Dave

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » May 16, 2016, 7:44 pm

3200 bht

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 17, 2016, 7:09 am

3200 bht
? What sort of visa are we talking about?

ENTRY visas or EXIT-REENTRY?

Entry visas are obtained out of country and cost about about 1250 baht for a tourist single, 2500 for a non-immigrant single, and about 6000 for multi-entry on both. I assume the 3200 is for the multiple exit-reentry.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”